44 health unions will launch a token strike tomorrow (27) over 8 demands.
Accordingly, they will be refraining from work for 5 hours from 7:00 tomorrow as a mark of protest demanding to rectify 8 issues faced by the health workers, including the cessation of Rs. 7500/- Covid-19 allowance provided since June this year.
Below are the demands put forward by the 44 join health unions.
1. Demanding proper facilities to all health workers to combat Covid 19
2. To continue to provide the 7500/- allowance until the pandemic is over.
3. Remove restrictions and holiday overtime payments
4. Immediate filling of vacancies in all services.
5. Make health services a closed service.
6. Not to engage Multipurpose Development Force employees to health services
7. To continue to provide Covid special leaves without any reductions.
8. Immediately issue circulars relevant to staff services status.