“Prove I said can bring Vitz for Rs. 1.2M” : Deputy Minister challenges

May 20, 2026 at 5:26 PM

Deputy Minister Nalin Hewage today (20) strongly denied claims made by Opposition Leader Sajith Premadasa in Parliament that he had stated a Vitz car was sold for Rs. 1.2 million.

“I am asking the Opposition Leader to prove if I had made a statement that a Vitz car is sold for Rs. 1.2 million. I will resign. If he cannot prove so, then the Opposition Leader must resign,” Hewage said, addressing the House. 

He accused the Opposition of spreading falsehoods and insisted that no such statement had been made. (Newswire)