Pramodya seeks Written Clarification over removal from Selection Committee

May 22, 2026 at 4:50 PM

Former Sri Lanka Cricket Selection Committee head Pramodya Wickramasinghe has formally requested written clarification from the Sports Ministry and Sri Lanka Cricket over the reported termination of his tenure before the end of his contract period.

In a letter dated May 21 and addressed to Sports Minister Sunil Kumara Gamage, Wickramasinghe said he had been verbally informed of deliberations regarding a decision by the ministry and Sri Lanka Cricket to “prematurely rescind” his contract and restructure the Selection Committee.

A new national selection committee was appointed by Sports Minister on Thursday.

Wickramasinghe said his appointment as head of the Selection Committee had been approved by the ministry in December 2025 for a fixed term of two years.

He requested that the ministry or Sri Lanka Cricket provide formal written notification of any decision regarding his position, along with the administrative reasons for the early conclusion of his contract.

“In order to ensure that all administrative transitions are handled with the utmost transparency, adherence to proper protocol, and mutual respect, I kindly and respectfully request that your office — or Sri Lanka Cricket — provide me with formal, written notification of this decision,” the letter stated.

Wickramasinghe also said receiving formal written communication would allow him to conclude his responsibilities in an orderly and professional manner while ensuring his records accurately reflect the conclusion of his tenure. (Newswire)